Gemji models: various

Please share your uncategorized models here.
For example - slopes, plains, Christmas decorations, etc.

1 Like

Table and chairs

3 Likes

Looks cool!
Btw - the family of one of our colleagues used the GEMJI set to prototype the renovation of one of the rooms in their house.
I’m curious to see what the others will upload :))

Home Theater

4 Likes

Cool :raised_hands: Love the contrast with the black “floor”.
And the quality of the picture is really nice!

2 Likes

This is awesome, I was impressed with your first picture of the table and chairs and then kept scrolling to see this one. Seriously great work mate, well done. How do you come up with the idea to build them? Do you start from scratch or are you replicating say an image or something from a game.

I really need to spend some time just messing around trying to build stuff, but I get caught up in playing the Gemji games at the moment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m a builder at heart, so that’s the side that intrigues me more. Both of these designs started when I was just fidgeting with a few of them in my hands while watching TV. But both came from a similar place of inspiration of trying to discover what unique shapes can be made with them (focusing on non-90deg angles).

So the first thing I built in both designs was the table, first one being a hexagon and the second being an octagon. The octagon was a bit more creative though, because it does not have anything underneath it, like a triangle pattern or anything. I was fascinated with how two pieces can swivel around each other if you lock in just one corner to one corner, face to face (as you see on the top of coffee table). I think there’s definitely some more neat creations that could come from this swivel mechanic.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t notice that locking pattern in the octagon table until you just mentioned it, such a cool idea and I agree I think there are some really cool things you could do with it. I’m going to mess around with the idea over the week. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. :+1:t2:

1 Like

2 Likes

Love the bike, Manuel!
This is officially the first motorbike GEMJI model :raised_hands:

Here’s my idea of a GEMJI bike:

2 Likes

This is cool, it’s interesting to see how you went about making the wheels. It worked out really well I think. :+1:t2::partying_face:

1 Like

We are doing a lot of tests with friends of ours and usually when people start creating a wheel - they do it like Manuel (the picture above). Only when the model is smaller - they typically use a single tile for a “squarish wheel”.

1 Like

2 Likes

The first-ever GEMJI Formula car :))

2 Likes